Relocating a visiting coyote will only solve part of your problem. Here are some tips to make your property less attractive to coyotes and keep them from coming back:
– Secure Your Garbage : This one’s a no-brainer. Tie up trash bags and keep your garbage bin closed tight. Don’t leave dinner out for them.
– Motion Activated Lights : Since coyotes will feel most comfortable approaching your home at night, motion-sensing floodlights in your backyard will startle them if they get too close.
– Remove Other Food Sources : If you feed your pets outdoors, bring in the food dishes and water bowls after they’ve finished, so that a coyote won’t come for the leftovers.
– Thin Out Large Brush : If you’ve got thick bushes around your property, thin them out so that unwanted guests won’t feel comfortable to make themselves at home there. Naturally, if there’s space under your deck or porch, you should close off access to these places.
– Keep Them Away With Smells : You can make your home less attractive to these critters by setting out cans (with a closed lid and holes punched in the top) containing ammonia or mothballs (however, if you have kids or outdoor pets, we would recommend purchasing a safer commercial product).
Got questions? Ask the pros at Rite Way Animal Removal. We offer FREE inspections. Just give us a call.