Evicting a skunk from your residence will only solve part of your problem. Here are some tips to make your property less attractive to skunks and keep them from coming back:
– Secure Your Garbage : This one’s a no-brainer. Tie up trash bags in your garbage bin with the lid closed tight. Don’t leave dinner out for them.
– Predator Lights : This is a cool new idea since the prevalence of LED lights. Predator lights mimic the look of the eyes of a predatory animal, and critters like skunks will be discouraged from approaching.
– Remove Other Food Sources : If you feed your pets outdoors, bring in the food dishes and water bowls after they’ve finished. Also, keep your bags of pet food and bird food in sealed containers.
– Thin Out Large Brush : If you’ve got thick bushes around your property, thin them out so that unwanted guests won’t feel comfortable making themselves at home there. Naturally, if there’s space under your deck or porch, you should close off access to these places as well.
– Keep Them Away With Smells : You can make your home less attractive to these critters by setting out cans (with a closed lid and holes punched in the top) containing ammonia or mothballs (however, if you have kids or outdoor pets, we would recommend purchasing a safer commercial product).
Got questions? Ask the pros at Rite Way Animal Removal. We offer FREE inspections. Just give us a call.